Dear Two River Little League (TRLL) Community,
We hope this letter finds you and your families doing well following the Holidays! Registration is OPEN in all 5 of our TRLL towns through January 31st, so please be sure to register today if you haven’t already done so! As Spring approaches and the weather turns brighter, that means it’s almost time to “Play Ball”, and there really isn’t anything quite like the Little League experience for our kids!
I wanted to start off by giving a HUGE Shout Out and Thank You to everyone’s favorite TRLL President over the past half-decade — Rumson’s own Chuck Jones. Chuck has been instrumental to everything that is TRLL, and has done an amazing job leading our organization during his time as President. He’s volunteered so much of his time and energy to the children and families of our community (both as President and Coach)! Chuck has been front-and-center in building and enhancing Two River Little League in almost every way since 2016 – from instituting TeamSnap league-wide, to leading us through a global pandemic, to managing & operating all dimensions of our 12+ game regular season, post-season playoffs, and all-star / little league international tournament play experience! There is plenty more, but in the interest of space & time let me just say “THANK YOU CHUCK!”
We’ll be announcing a new volunteer Board member from Rumson to take Chuck’s spot shortly – as a reminder, we have 10 total board members (2 from each of our 5 towns).
In terms of fun upcoming events:
- Lakewood BlueClaws Night — TRLL is planning to have our 4th annual Two River Little League night at the Lakewood BlueClaws, scheduled for Thursday, May 5th. No games will be scheduled across TRLL that night. More details will follow.
- RBR vs. RFH Baseball Game — Please have our TRLL kids come out to the RBR vs. RFH Varsity baseball game on Saturday, April 9th at 11am where we’ll have some fun & interactive events for the kids, and hand out Little League Tournament banners to TRLL Championship teams of the past! More details will follow.
Consistent with prior seasons, we love to have our older kids stay in baseball by becoming an Umpire, so please encourage your child (typically high school age) to consider trying it out. If you want more info on this, see the flyer at the bottom of this note. It’s a fantastic work experience and a good way to earn some extra $$.
Some other important dates to be aware of:
- The annual Coaches meeting is tentatively scheduled for 7pm on Monday, March 21st at Knights of Columbus in Fair Haven.
- The first games of the 2022 season will begin as early as Friday April 1st. The 2022 Spring Break for our schools is from Apr 15th through Apr 24th, and no baseball activities will be scheduled during this window.
- TRLL Playoffs will begin in earnest following Memorial Day (Monday, May 30th), and usually run for about 2 weeks until the middle of June.
- More info will be coming out on All-Star dates (tryouts, eligibility, etc.) but usually plan for late May / early June for those tryouts.
Other than that – please get registered, stay warm, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns!
All the best,
President, Two River Little League